Friday, February 5, 2010

What the heck?!?

Ok, so we wake up this morning to the deafening sound of our power going out. The momentary panic is that we had aleady missed our alarm and was shortly followed by power coming back on, then off, then on again.

I'm supposed to weigh and take my supplement first thing in the morning, so I do - in the dark. Brian has just come stomping out of the bathroom to announce his weight: up 1 lb. Why is he mad? He didn't cheat at all the day before- not even one single disallowed chip.

My turn, and the scale is just as unkind. What the heck?!? I didn't do anything bad AND I drank all my fluid. (Can't say the same for Brian...He sits all day and has a hard time drinking 2 liters of water.) So my turn on the scale yields a gain of 1 lb. That's pretty depressing when you're good and supposed to be dropping every single day.

After Brian heads off to work and the kids are settled with breakfast, I head back to face the scale. I simply can not accept that my obedience to the process yielded an almost 2 lb gain. By this time, the power is back on, so I'm not walking around with a flashlight.

That's when it hits me- I weighed HOLDING a MagLite so I could see the scale face!

My new weight? Down 0.8 lbs!!!!

Phew! I was afraid I'd hit the dreaded plateau!

I'm of to have a great day 5.8 lbs lighter than I was on Sunday at church. Have a good one!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment