Friday, January 8, 2010

BodyBugg Heaven!

Yay! My Bugg came today. I am SOOOO excited!! =0) It was a Christmas present from my mom and dad, and the shipper was very slow in getting out. I got it on eBay (my mom would NEVER have known what to look for....) for a really great price. So, if you're looking to get one, too - check there.

For those of you who don't know, a BodyBugg is a personal calorie management system worn by the Biggest Loser contestants. Research indicates that it is the most accurate way to measure your caloric output during the day. (Outside of a clinical setting, of course....) My experience with it is limited of course, but what I have done - I love!

I got it out of the box and all charged up. This took a couple of hours, because I had to get the battery to full charge before being able to wear it. Duh... (This seemed like an eternity....) Once charged, I was ready to go! I put it on (very comfortable) and wore it for about 10 min. Because I didn't want to wear it for a full 8 hrs only to find out I had done something wrong, at this point I download my info to the computer, and blammo! There's my caloric output for the time I had it on.

Okay, so I get a graphic timeline of the day. It charts my output on the graph. I can see just in that 10 minutes, when I did something that burned more than at rest. AWESOME!!! Based on my height, weight, age, etc, it estimates my burn for the rest of the day when I didn't have it on. Very cool. I'm going to wear it 24 hours/day for the first few days. I'd like to get an idea of what my burn is for an entire regular day, including sleep. I'm sure I'll take it off for sleeping after that.

The online program allows you to input goals, i.e. x number of lbs at x number lb/wk, then gives you a target date by which you should achieve that goal. THEN, it provides a number of cals/day you should be eating and burning. When you plug in, it graphs your deficit and lets you know how close/far you are from your burn goal.

I can't believe someone took the mystery out of cals burned! I am so excited to see how that number keeps me motivated! Stay tuned..... Results are sure to follow soon! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment