Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy Day Sunday

So that I can gauge (over the course of the next 8 mos) how much my resting calorie burn increases, I've decided to take it easy the first few days I'm wearing my BodyBugg. I have gone about my normal schedule doing normal things minus my normal workouts. I've discovered that I burn about 1.5 cals/min. when I'm at rest and while I'm sleeping. (Yay for burning while sleeping!) When I add in all the activity I do throughout the day, my BodyBugg tells me I've burned around 2000 cals. Thus, I can figure that on days I don't work out, I have to eat no more than about 1000 cals in order to achieve my proper caloric deficit. (Ouch!)

To burn 2 lbs of fat per week, you have to have a 1000 cal deficit every day. So, obviously, the higher I can get my resting metabolic rate, the more food I can eat! =0) And I like to eat! The more muscle one has, the higher that resting metabolic rate will be.... Fit girl muscley muscles, here I come! 

Monday morning will see my workouts resume. I'm looking forward to hitting my burn tomorrow, eating clean and getting lots done around the house!

212 days to go 'till the big 3-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment